Sunday, October 23, 2011

NYSOEA Weekend 2011

Leaving a family that is full of love for a weekend in a motel room does not create excitement. And yet, as the New York State Outdoor Education Association's Annual Conference in Callicoon, NY is drawing to an end, it clearly was a wonderful experience, despite the lack of family to spend time with.

I am a man who happily gave up my cell phone, but this weekend it would have come in handy. Buying a phone card and finding a pay phone- since the phone in my motel room has not worked since Irene- proved to be the most difficult part of the weekend. Everything else; workshops, commercial presentations, the exchanging of ideas, the development of an Environmental Literacy Plan and all of the extras proved to be inspiring. I am going home with many tweeks and additions to or current curriculum and can't wait to get back to work with so many fresh perspectives to bring back to PMOEC.

The lack of phone also permits me only to give you second hand emailed reports on the success of this weekend's Haunted Homestead back in Willsboro but Tim's report included the chill inspiring thought that "it really seemed to fit what I had
pictured in my [Tim's] head." What a great initial report. More to come on Haunted Homestead in next week's update. Until then.

No comments:

Post a Comment