Thursday, May 24, 2012

Eye of the Storm

There is an eerie calm at Pok-O these days. Only 15 kids are onsite right now and a day group with a great history with us will be arriving later this morning. The staff has hit their stride for the spring and the weather has done nothing but agree with us for the past few days. As I write this, I worry that I am jinxing it and the skies will part, dumping thunder and lightning and buckets of rain on us as a penalty for my comfort. Nonetheless, the grass is on its spring schedule, we are out of work project days, the kitchen has been moved form the Pok-O Queen to Robinson Hall in lower camp and we are focusing solely on groups, groups, groups- with the exception of next week's SEAD day which will be recounted with humorous detail in next week's blog post. I am feeling an little underwhelmed with myself as I look at the small amount of space filled of this available block, but no news is no news. Until next week...

No comments:

Post a Comment