Thursday, February 9, 2012

Cabin Fever is good!

My first experience at PMOEC was as a customer. Specifically, on a cold winter night in early 2009, I came to the main building of Pok-O for a lecture given by Camp Director/ PMOEC Board Member/ Logging Aficionado Sharp Swan. I was immediately hooked. This lecture was enough to open my eyes to what an amazing center was so close to my home, with so many diverse activities to offer. Fate allowed me to find out, a few months later, that the Director position was open and after a great interview process, I was behind the Director's desk by April 15th. Thus, the lecture series has always been near and dear to my heart and the success we had in recruiting amazing speakers this year and the initial success we have had with Carl Heilman's lecture makes me feel like the Cabin Fever Lecture Series has truly arrived and become a part of the cultural fabric of the Champlain Valley.
Help us to continue this excellent newfound tradition of success tonight with Steven Kellogg. Steven is a resident of Essex, an amazing soul and a children's book author/ illustrator of world fame. Google him to find out which of the book's from your childhood Steven was either the author or illustrator of; I am sure their is at least one.
The end of our winter season is about to ramp up- starting Sunday we have groups through the 25th. Hopefully I will find the time to get a blog out during this intensive run, especially since Winter Break Camp is one of the funniest times of the year and you need to hear some of the stories. Until then...

No comments:

Post a Comment