Thursday, December 15, 2011

Home for the Holidays

The snow came and went yesterday, but there is no doubt that winter is here. We have completed our 2 week period, always a kind of weird time of the year, between the Thanksgiving break and holiday hiatus we give our staff. This year, some the drudgery of this 2 week period was eliviated by two simple words- Secret Santa. I will admit that, with an 18 month old in the house, my excitement for the holiday season is as high as it has been since I was a child myself, but it seemed that everyone on the staff had fun with this year's holiday plan per PMOEC. We all drew a name and had to give three gifts to our selected person; one that cost less than $5, one that was a re-gift and one that we made. We revelaed who we were giving gifts to at our first annual PMOEC-Formal-Holiday-Party that Laura and I hosted. And today? Only a few PMOEC employees are around still arounf. Others have left the North Country to reconnect with family all over the East Coast. It is a welcome break in our schedule- a time that we all reflect on how PMOEC has changed our paradigm, how excited we are about tour profession and how much we are looking forward to coming back to PMOEC for an incredibly unique winter teaching experience in 2012. This will be my last post of 2011 (sorry Molly), so I hope you all have a safe and happy holiday season and I hope we all have a great start to the new year. Until then...

No comments:

Post a Comment