Monday, September 28, 2009

NYSOEA Conference Reflections

First off, let me say how wonderful it is to be wanted. I am really excited to be a contributor to the PMOEC Blog and, oh, do I have some things to blog about. But today, I will limit my comments to this past weekend's New York State Outdoor Education Association annual meeting. This year we descended upon the Holiday Inn in Fishkill, New York. I was joined by Brian, our Assistant Director and Julia (aka Thriller), our Marketing Director. We were excited to meet the representative from the Northern region, Gary "Griz" Caudle, who replaced our very own Jack Swan on the board of NYSOEA. We also were pumped to check out the low ropes course at The Sharpe Reservation, borrowing some ideas to create new stations and repair old ones at our own low ropes course. Overall, we all were able to learn some new things at the conference that will help us make our classes better and better classes are always our goal. Next time I feel the need to post on the blog, I promise to include pictures, but for now, you will have to imagine the beauty of conference rooms inside a hotel.

No comments:

Post a Comment